• Intellectual Property (I.P.), Patents, Copyrights, etc. Why does it matter? Is it a path for economic growth?
• Strategic Approach to IP Creation: Having patents make #startups #companies more attractive for acquisition.
What: Talk and Q and A with Atty. Dennis Fernandez
Dennis has over twenty-years experience in Silicon Valley and High-Tech Industry, as a patent prosecutor and intellectual property litigator, a venture capitalist, and an engineering manager. He specializes in developing offensive and defensive patent strategies for start-up electronics, software and biotech companies and their investors.
Dennis serves as strategic advisor to leading venture capital firms, including Sevin Rosen, Venrock, Charles River Ventures, and Walden International. Representative clients include Marvell Technology, SiRF Technology, Ayala Corporation, Stanford University, and Northwestern University, as well as various start-up companies acquired by Cisco, Broadcom, Ciena, and Cadence Design Systems.
Chika-an Restaurant, Park Mall Mandaue, Conference Room, 168 Ouano Ave. North Reclamation Area, Enclave bldg A 1-4 Parkmall , Mandaue
Landline: (032) 420-9221
When: Saturday, March 7, 12noon - 330pm
Who Can Attend: Open to the Public
Please update your LinkedIn profile to facilitate networking.
• Php 300 (Professionals, founders, entrepreneurs, etc.)
• Php 100 (Students)
* Inclusive of light lunch and raffle prizes.
* Limited 30 pax only. RSVP today!
• 12:00 noon - 12:30pm: Check-in / Networking / Introductions
• 12:30pm - 1:15pm: Light Lunch
• 1:15pm - 1:45pm: Talk by Atty Dennis Fernandez
• Silicon Valley and High tech industry patent prosecutor and intellectual property litigator, a venture capitalist, and an engineering manager.
• 1:45pm - 2:30pm: Q and A
• 2:30pm - 3:00pm: Networking
• 3:00pm: Event Ends
Thank you, Atty. Fernandez for agreeing to speak with us during your precious vacation time in Cebu. We really appreciate it!
We have always wondered why Intellectual Property (IP), Patents and Copyrights are important.
Dennis encourages us to practice "Strategic Approach to IP Creation", the conscious plan to create HIGH VALUE startups and companies as they ultimately have a stronger economic impact than other types of businesses. Companies are more likely to invest in you or acquire your product if you have IP. Find out more during the meetup. See you there!
Questions? Email hello at techtalks.ph
Connect With TechTalks.ph!