If you just want to observe the competition, RSVP on this meetup page.
Pitching starts at 6pm.
WHAT: Student Innovation Cup
WHERE: University of Cebu Banilad Campus (UC-Banilad), AVR1, Cebu City, 8th Floor. Across Country Mall, entrance beside Rose Pharmacy.
WHEN: March 30, 2015, 3pm to 9pm.
Student teams - 3pm to 9pm
Audience - Pitching starts at 6pm.
MARCH 30, 2015 (PITCHING AND DEMO DAY) AGENDA:
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM - Registration (Teams)
4:00 PM - 4:15 PM - Student Innovation Cup Overview (for Teams)
4:15 PM - 4:30 PM - Lightning Talk by Sponsor (for Teams)
4:15 PM - 5:15 PM - Practice Pitch / Tech Check, 10 teams 5 mins each (for Teams)
---- open to the public starting 5:15pm ---
5:15 PM - 6:00 PM - Snack Break
6:00 PM - 8:15 PM - Team Presentation, Pitching and Demo.
10 teams - each team - 5 min live pitch/demo + 5 mins Q&A
8:15 PM - 8:45 PM - Judges Deliberation
8:45 PM - 9:00 PM - Announcement of Winners and Event Wrap-Up
WHY: Because college thesis requirements and capstone projects take lots of time and effort to complete. So, why not show it to the public? -- for validation of the ideas and recognition of the hardworking teams who built it. Make us all proud, good luck students!
Student Innovation Cup is an annual campus-wide pitching and demo competition by TechTalks.ph. Pitch us your idea! Deadline for submission of entries is on March 25, 2015.
Many universities require their students to submit “Capstone Projects and College Thesis Projects” as part of graduation. We have seen some exciting projects and wish to highlight them to the public via this competition. We also wish to encourage the students to pursue building products worth building. By showcasing them to the public, we hope to attract mentorship and support for these worthy endeavors born out of the student’s hard work and dedicated supervision from faculty.
ELIGIBILITY AND RULES:
- The team must be comprised of at least two (2) members and cannot exceed five (5) members.
- All members of teams entering the competition should be college students enrolled either full time or part time between academic year 2014-2015.
- Each school may be represented by more than one student-team provided that all of them meet the eligibility criteria/ requirements.
- Faculty or university advisor supervision for the startup creation and maintenance is not required, although it is recommended.
- Teams who have competed previously and received prize money in similar competitions are no longer eligible to compete, unless they’ve created a completely new business idea.
- Product-ideas submitted must be IT-oriented and the technology must not violate any intellectual property law. Entries with the potential to disrupt an existing market or replace/create an entire new market are encouraged as long as they meets said requirements.
- Winners will have the opportunity to be admitted to a business incubation and/or mentoring programs and receive prizes.
March 13, 2015 - Competition launch and online submission is open.
March 25, 2015 (11:59pm) - Deadline of submission of entries.
March 27, 2015 - Top 10 teams will be informed via email / twitter. Follow us at @techtalkscebu.
March 30, 2015 - Pitching and demo day
Questions? Email hello at techtalks.ph
Connect With TechTalks.ph!