Student Innovation Cup is an annual campus-wide pitching and demo competition. Open to all college/university students.
March 30, 2015 | University of Cebu - Banilad Campus, Cebu City
Student Innovation Cup - Pitching Demo Day
Many universities require their students to submit “Capstone Projects and College Thesis Projects” as part of graduation. We have seen some exciting projects and wish to highlight them to the public via this competition. We also wish to encourage the students to pursue building products worth building. By showcasing them to the public, we hope to attract mentorship and support for these worthy endeavors born out of the student’s hard work and dedicated supervision from faculty.
ELIGIBILITY AND RULES:
- The team must be comprised of at least two (2) members and cannot exceed five (5) members.
- All members of teams entering the competition should be college students enrolled either full time or part time between academic year 2014-2015.
- Each school may be represented by more than one student-team provided that all of them meet the eligibility criteria/ requirements.
- Faculty or university advisor supervision for the startup creation and maintenance is not required, although it is recommended.
- Teams who have competed previously and received prize money in similar competitions are no longer eligible to compete, unless they’ve created a completely new business idea.
- Product-ideas submitted must be IT-oriented and the technology must not violate any intellectual property law. Entries with the potential to disrupt an existing market or replace/create an entire new market are encouraged as long as it meets said requirements.
- Winners will have the opportunity to be admitted to a business incubation and/or mentoring programs and receive prizes.
- March 13, 2015 - Competition launch and online submission is open.
- March 25, 2015 (11:59pm) - Deadline of submission of entries.
- March 27, 2015 - Top 10 teams will be informed via email / twitter. Follow us at @techtalkscebu.
- March 30, 2015 - Pitching and demo day.