WHAT: PHILIPPINE STARTUP CHALLENGE 5
"Startup Pitching Competition for College Students"
WHO: College Students and Eligible Mentor-Professors
Deadline of submission: NOVEMBER 15, 2018
HOW: To apply, click below:
(Your RSVP here will not be accepted as an entry. You must click on the application link and submit the requirements by November 15, 2018)
-- Learn by doing. Learn about #startups #techEntrepreneurship by doing the research, validation and actions suggested... based on Lean Canvas Methodology. Your PSC trained mentor-teacher can help you. Learn this technique once and use it for future projects and #life itself 😉
-- Get more from your college thesis. Learn how to amp-up your capstone project by applying realistic and practical validation techniques.
-- WIN A TRIP ABROAD! The winning team will get additional exposure to startup communities abroad!
The Philippine Startup Challenge (PSC) is a national student startup competition, which aims to inspire college students to create innovative solutions to the most pressing problems in the society with the use of technology. This initiative has been geared towards promoting the spirit of entrepreneurship in ICT among the youth and also to ensure the continuous creation of investible ideas and startup founders that will liven up the local innovation ecosystem..
II. TARGET PARTICIPANTS
The Philippine Startup Challenge 5 (PSC5) participants are college/university students from all participating DICT regions/clusters.
1. School entries should be represented by a team of four (4) (3 students and 1 faculty adviser) composed of technical (IT, computer studies or engineering) and non-technical members. The faculty adviser must attend at least one (1) PSC Mentor’s
NOTE: Representatives of schools who have attended the Lean 101 Startup Bootcamps in 2014 – 2017 are automatically eligible to submit a team for the Philippine Startup Challenge 5.
2. Teams must completely fill out and submit the PSC Application Form and such other forms as may be required.
3. Student participants must be enrolled any time between academic years[masked].
4. Participants should not be in any way involved in any part of the execution or administration of this
5. Each school can submit multiple entries provided that all of them meet the eligibility criteria/ requirement set forth for the
5.1. Each team coming from the same school can have the same mentor / faculty
5.2. Qualified student individuals are only allowed to join one (1) team for this
6. Submission Requirements:
7. Application form
8. Three (3) minute video pitch
9. Business Model Canvas (pdf)
10. Validation board (pdf)
11. Submissions will be consolidated through an online portal
For more information click the links below:
To know more about the mechanics of the Philippine Startup Challenge 5 click here --> http://www.dict.gov.ph/philippinestartupchallenge5-mechanics
Answers to frequently asked questions may be found here --> http://dict.gov.ph/philippinestartupchallenge5-faqs/
To Register Click here --> http://dict.gov.ph/philippinestartupchallenge5-applicationform/
Join our FB Group for details: https://www.facebook.com/groups/philippinestartupchallenge/
Visit our website: http://dict.gov.ph/philippinestartupchallenge5/
For inquiries, contact Camille Borlongan at [masked]